Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Goodbye Morrumbala, Goodbye Jack

Me 'n Jack
My last morning walk with Jack started around the usual time, 6 am.
He was waiting for me outside the kitchen door and gave me his usual talkative "Hello!"
I felt sad as I could not tell him that this would be the last time we would be taking our tour around the OLAM cotton complex here in Morrumbala.

Tomorrow, Graham and I shall be leaving early for Quelimane, where I shall say goodbye to him at the airport.
My first leg of the trip back to South Africa, via the Mozambique capital, Maputo.

At least this time I can understand most Portuguese and am able to make myself understood. Coming here three months ago was different, I had no idea what anyone was saying to me!

Getting back to Jack, he has been my friend, I shall be sorry to not have him around as he's a great conversationalist. But at least he will be here to keep Graham company.

Next posting shall be from England. What a contrast it shall be, - from the extreme heat of Central Africa to the icy cold of Europe!

Thanks everyone, for sharing my early morning walks here in Mozambique, it's been great to know you have been tagging along with me in cyber-space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers, so please leave your comments.