Friday, May 31, 2013

Quick and Easy African Chilli Salsa

As you can see from my graphic artwork, chillies play a great part in my daily life, I even paint them and create graphics out of them, (feel free to use this image©, just as long as you attribute it to me.)

My husband loves very hot chilli with just about anything and everything he eats.

According to him the garlic keeps the mosquitoes from biting him and the chilli is his daily intake of vitamin C!
Here’s one of my recipes I’d like to share with you.

 
©Susan Cook-Jahme, Freelance Writer and Illustrator

Quick and Easy African Chilli Salsa
 
Ingredients:
8 plum tomatoes - can use other varieties
4 cloves of garlic – leave skins on
2 large jalapeño chillies
2 heaped tablespoon chopped coriander
1 white onion, chopped finely
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon of sea salt
·         Makes about 2 cups
·         Cooking time: 20 minutes
Method:
·         Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over a high heat.
·         Place the tomatoes, garlic and chilli in the dry frying-pan and dry roast until they are blackened, blistered and soft.  Take the garlic and chilli out of the pan first, (about 4 minutes)
·         The tomatoes will take a little longer, (about 8 to 10 minutes.)
·         Remove the stems from the chillies and the skin from the garlic. Put both in a blender and blitz to a paste.
·         Add the tomatoes and blend them with the chilli.
·         Add the coriander, onion and lime juice.
·         Taste and check for seasoning.
 
©Susan Cook-Jahme, Freelance Writer and Illustrator

Read my Blogs:
 
 
 
“Like” me:
 
 
 
Buy Wallabok Wear:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers, so please leave your comments.